Note: Some types of coolant are not compatible with silicone hoses. Please click here to download our Important Fitting Notes before buying and fitting silicone hoses.
This high quality reinforced silicone hose kit replaces the 5 heater and 3 brake booster hoses in the front trunk listed below. The hoses fit MR2 MK1 models that are right hand drive (RHD) and have three brake booster hoses (see diagram). Some models have a single hose instead of hoses 6 and 7 on the diagram with no connector pipe so hoses 6 and 7 will not fit these models. We also sell a Coolant Hose Kit for this vehicle, containing the other coolant hoses in the engine bay, available separately in our store.
- Under-Car Heater Pipe Front Inlet Hose
- Under-Car Heater Pipe Front Outlet Hose
- Front Trunk Heater Valve Lower Inlet Hose
- Front Trunk Heater Valve Upper Inlet Hose
- Front Trunk Heater Matrix Outlet Hose
- Front Trunk Brake Booster Hose #1
- Front Trunk Brake Booster Hose #2
- Front Trunk Brake Booster Hose #3
The kit is available with a full set of hose clamps using the options above. The three types of clamp we offer are shown below, but not all options will appear for some kits due to size limitations:
Spring clamps are the most commonly used type by vehicle manufacturers. They provide excellent evenly distributed clamping force and are generally the best option for clamping coolant hoses, but they can be fiddly to fit/remove, and being mild steel they are prone to minor surface rust if their coating is chipped/scratched. Whilst this won't affect the performance or lifespan of the clamp some customers prefer our stainless steel options below which tend to look better and still perform as they should.
Worm-Drive clamps have slightly less evenly distributed clamping force as the Spring type clamps, but they are still a good quality clamp and usually easier to fit/remove in the tight confines of an engine bay. Being 100% stainless steel they do not rust, so we recommend this type of clamp if you are concerned about the appearance of your engine bay.
T-Bolt clamps are the most heavy duty clamps we supply, and are also 100% stainless steel to prevent rust. However they are much more expensive and, like the Worm-Drive clamps provide a slightly less evenly distributed clamping force than the Spring clamps. For this reason we recommend using them for Turbo applications (intercooler/intake hoses) where high boost can cause hose blow-off's and the additional clamping force is useful. Some customers like to use T-Bolt clamps for all hoses on their vehicle however so we offer them as an option for most of our kits.
For some vehicles the original clamps can be reused so we also offer our kits without clamps, but please be aware our silicone hoses are slightly thicker than the standard hoses so in some cases the original clamps may be too small.
- Application: Toyota MR2 MK1 AW11 Chassis '84-'89 | 1.6 4A-GE Engine | All Transmissions | RHD Models Only
- Construction: ~4.5mm 4-ply silicone with 3-ply polyester reinforcing
- Max Operating Pressure: >7bar
- Burst Pressure: >10bar
- Operating Temperature range: -50°c to 240°c
- Certification: Manufactured to ISO9001:2000 & ISO TS16949 standards
- Warranty: 3 Years (UK based)