Note: Some types of coolant are not compatible with silicone hoses. Please click here to download our Important Fitting Notes before buying and fitting silicone hoses.
This high quality reinforced silicone hose kit replaces the 3 heater hoses and 2 brake servo hoses hoses in the front trunk compartment listed below. There are 6 hoses included in the kit but only 5 will fit any one vehicle as there are two versions of the brake servo hose, one for Rev1-2 models and one for Rev3-5 models. The kit fits all MR2 MK2 models both Turbo and Non-Turbo that are right-hand drive (RHD).
A LHD version is also available in our eBay shop.
- Heater Valve to Heater Matrix Inlet Hose
- Under Car Heater Pipe to Heater Valve Hose
- Heater Matrix Outlet to Under Car Heater Pipe
- Under Car Brake Servo Pipe to Front Trunk Brake Servo Pipe Hose
- Front Trunk Brake Servo Pipe to Brake Servo Hose (Rev1-2 Models Only)
- Front Trunk Brake Servo Pipe to Brake Servo Hose (Rev3-5 Models Only)
The kit is available with a full set of hose clamps using the options above. The three types of clamp we offer are shown below, but not all options will appear for some kits due to size limitations:
Spring clamps are the most commonly used type by vehicle manufacturers. They provide excellent evenly distributed clamping force and are generally the best option for clamping coolant hoses, but they can be fiddly to fit/remove, and being mild steel they are prone to minor surface rust if their coating is chipped/scratched. Whilst this won't affect the performance or lifespan of the clamp some customers prefer our stainless steel options below which tend to look better and still perform as they should.
Worm-Drive clamps have slightly less evenly distributed clamping force as the Spring type clamps, but they are still a good quality clamp and usually easier to fit/remove in the tight confines of an engine bay. Being 100% stainless steel they do not rust, so we recommend this type of clamp if you are concerned about the appearance of your engine bay.
T-Bolt clamps are the most heavy duty clamps we supply, and are also 100% stainless steel to prevent rust. However they are much more expensive and, like the Worm-Drive clamps provide a slightly less evenly distributed clamping force than the Spring clamps. For this reason we recommend using them for Turbo applications (intercooler/intake hoses) where high boost can cause hose blow-off's and the additional clamping force is useful. Some customers like to use T-Bolt clamps for all hoses on their vehicle however so we offer them as an option for most of our kits.
For some vehicles the original clamps can be reused so we also offer our kits without clamps, but please be aware our silicone hoses are slightly thicker than the standard hoses so in some cases the original clamps may be too small.
- Application: Toyota MR2 MK2 Rev1-5 Chassis '89-'00 | Turbo & Non-Turbo 3SGE/3SGTE Engines | Manual Transmissions | RHD Models Only
- Construction: ~4.5mm 4-ply silicone with 3-ply polyester reinforcing
- Max Operating Pressure: >7bar
- Burst Pressure: >10bar
- Operating Temperature range: -50°c to 240°c
- Certification: Manufactured to ISO9001:2000 & ISO TS16949 standards
- Warranty: 3 Years (UK based)