Note: Some types of coolant are not compatible with silicone hoses. Please click here to download our Important Fitting Notes before buying and fitting silicone hoses.
This high quality reinforced silicone hose kit replaces 11 coolant and breather hoses in the engine bay listed below. The kit actually includes 13 hoses but there are two versions of the thermostat bypass hose and cam cover breather hose included, one for MK2 models and one for MK2.5 models.
- Upper Radiator Inlet Hose
- Lower Radiator Outlet Hose
- Heater Matrix Inlet Hose
- Heater Matrix Outlet Hose
- Thermostat Bypass Coolant Hose (MK2 only - use below for MK2.5)
- Thermostat Bypass Coolant Hose (MK2.5 only - use above for MK2)
- Thermostat Housing to Throttle Body Coolant Hose
- Cam Cover to Air Intake Breather
- PCV Valve to Inlet Manifold Breather (MK2 only - use below for MK2.5)
- PCV Valve to Inlet Manifold Breather (MK2.5 only - use above for MK2)
- Oil cooler inlet hose
- Oil cooler outlet hose
- Radiator to Expansion Tank Hose
The kit is available with a full set of hose clamps using the options above. The three types of clamp we offer are shown below, but not all options will appear for some kits due to size limitations:
Spring clamps are the most commonly used type by vehicle manufacturers. They provide excellent evenly distributed clamping force and are generally the best option for clamping coolant hoses, but they can be fiddly to fit/remove, and being mild steel they are prone to minor surface rust if their coating is chipped/scratched. Whilst this won't affect the performance or lifespan of the clamp some customers prefer our stainless steel options below which tend to look better and still perform as they should.
Worm-Drive clamps have slightly less evenly distributed clamping force as the Spring type clamps, but they are still a good quality clamp and usually easier to fit/remove in the tight confines of an engine bay. Being 100% stainless steel they do not rust, so we recommend this type of clamp if you are concerned about the appearance of your engine bay.
T-Bolt clamps are the most heavy duty clamps we supply, and are also 100% stainless steel to prevent rust. However they are much more expensive and, like the Worm-Drive clamps provide a slightly less evenly distributed clamping force than the Spring clamps. For this reason we recommend using them for Turbo applications (intercooler/intake hoses) where high boost can cause hose blow-off's and the additional clamping force is useful. Some customers like to use T-Bolt clamps for all hoses on their vehicle however so we offer them as an option for most of our kits.
For some vehicles the original clamps can be reused so we also offer our kits without clamps, but please be aware our silicone hoses are slightly thicker than the standard hoses so in some cases the original clamps may be too small.
- Application: Mazda Mx5/Miata NB (MK2/MK2.5) Chassis '98-'05 | 1.8 BP-Z3 Engine | Manual Transmissions | RHD & LHD Models
- Construction: ~4.5mm 4-ply silicone with 3-ply polyester reinforcing
- Max Operating Pressure: >7bar
- Burst Pressure: >10bar
- Operating Temperature range: -50°c to 240°c
- Certification: Manufactured to ISO9001:2000 & ISO TS16949 standards
- Warranty: 3 Years (UK based)